Re: [opensuse] First impressions of SUSE 10.1
  • From: "Alexander Antoniades" <sanderant@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 13:47:15 -0400
On 5/12/06, Martin Schlander <suse@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Friday 12 May 2006 16:39, JD. Brown wrote:
But the package manager will cause people a lot of trouble I'm afraid and
will
haunt this release.

I've always thought that package management (especially online updates) has
been almost an afterthought in RPM based distros, leading to junk like yum,
but I think the answer here, for those like us that don't like the default
solution, is smart.

Smart is really just so much faster with so much less overhead and even has
a little tray applet checker for KDE, so what I'm planning when I install
10.1 this weekend is rpm -i (guru smart package) then smart remove zen.

Sander
< Previous Next >