Re: [opensuse] ATI fglrx and GLX
  • From: Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 23:51:49 +0200
Christoph Thiel wrote:
> On Wed, 10 May 2006, Michal Hlavac wrote:
>
>> I found cool cool solution ;)
>> http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/17174.html
>>
>> but this cool solution is not so cool for ati users...
>> Is there some problem with ati graphics card and fglrx driver???
>>
>> I am asking about suse 10.1
>
> I'm using the fglrx driver (version 8.24.8) on my T41p and I'm actually
> running Xgl on it. So, no, there is no problem with it ;)

Has anybody succeeded in using the opensource radeon driver with Xgl?
The only thing I get on my RV350 card is a blank screen and 100% CPU
load. If I use normal Xorg, everything works fine (and glxgears runs
at 1200 frames/s).

Quoting the Xgl_Troubleshooting page:
"ATI / open source driver "radeon"
* Driver does not accelerate blits from back buffer to front buffer
which makes it very slow, and screen updates may flicker. The driver
will soon be updated and should then work OK.
* Driver has neither pBuffer nor FBO support."

Since that statement is a few months old, does that mean the driver
now works OK?

Regards,
Carl-Daniel
--