Re: [opensuse] index or not
  • From: Robert Schiele <rschiele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 08:45:05 +0200
On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 06:59:25PM +0200, jdd wrote:
> Robert Schiele wrote:
>
> > If people find this information useful I could make the statistic to be
> > re-exported nightly.
>
> there are two kind of info.
>
> * inst-source packages, the ones on the CD, fixed, so don't
> need any refresh, it's what a planned to give. There are the
> packages installed on any first install

They _do_ need refreshes because factory is constantly changing.

> * updates directory by YOU. We have seen here that the
> packages number is _not_ significant as to know the security
> status, so little interest in my advice.

So, does it _hurt_ to have this versions included? If the version number does
not change nothing happens and if it does the information might be
interesting.

> and I proposed that to have it _on the wiki_

If you have a tool that can automatically submit contents for a specific page
I can spool the data there. Alternatively feel free to copy the contents to
the wiki every day manually.

> I'm always ashamed to have to give an URL outside
> opensuse.org :-))

Well, this is what will happen as long as the infrastructure is under full
control of Novell. If you always waited for action from the "official" side,
nothing from the outside could really happen or at least in an extremely slow
manner.

Robert

--
Robert Schiele Tel.: +49-621-181-2214