Re: [opensuse] Upgrade RC1 to RC3?
On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 07:02:56PM +0200, jdd wrote:
> houghi wrote:
>
> > It would be something between a liveCD and an installation CD.
>
> we already have a live installable DVD. I would like a live
> and installable CD

That as well.

> of course, in a near future, having a browser at hand during
> install should be nice, but very ram demanding.

I have qnx seen doing it with 'Internet on a floppy' about 5 to 10 years
ago. Obviously no Java enabled browser. :-)
I believe there are some nice lightweight ones. A GUI of links, lynx or
w3m.

> don't forget that if the hard drive in unpartitionned, there
> are no swap avail...

With a bit recent system that should not eb an issue. If the memory is too
low, it could be disabled. Same if there is no DHCP connection possible or
no modem that can be configured.

houghi