Re: [opensuse] index or not
  • From: Robert Schiele <rschiele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 15:34:32 +0200
On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 02:35:36PM +0200, houghi wrote:
> On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 12:45:29PM +0200, jdd wrote:
> > We see often questions about the packages included on one or
> > an other SUSE Linux Version.
> >
> > the smaller complete list is INDEX.gz.
> >

> Did we not already had such a thing? An online pin?
> The online pin is something I prefer.
> This is not bad, if it also inludes the CD6 and perhaps also whet is not
> on the CD, but only on the DVD.

I have now exported some statistics from an internal mirror system here
because people ask that often for packages included in SUSE releases and their
version numbers. http://pi3.informatik.uni-mannheim.de/~schiele/suseversions
includes all packages availlable on public mirrors including the availlable
update packages.

If people find this information useful I could make the statistic to be
re-exported nightly.

Robert

--
Robert Schiele Tel.: +49-621-181-2214