Re: [opensuse] Packman packages for 10.1 RC2 PowerPC
  • From: Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 15:07:08 +0200
On Saturday 29 April 2006 16:20, houghi wrote:
> Is there anybody that can explain to me in babysteps on how to do that?
> I have never used gpg.
> So I suppose I do the following:
> `gpg --gen-key`, 5, 2048, 0, y, name and email, passphrase (Or must this
> be blank?), generate the key. I then have my key.

you can use just gpg --gen-key or in KDE open kgpg and go to the Keys menu and
select Generate Key Pair.

and it will ask you all the required parameters like type of encryption,
email, etc and the passprhase to protect the private key (dont forget that
one)
The key par will be stored by default in a keyring in ~/.gnupg , you can add
more keys there too.

content.key is an ASCII armored export of your public key. You can export it
with the command line mentioned above, or again, use kgpg to export it from
your key ring.

content.asc is the detached signature produced by signing content with your
private key. This can be done with the command line above, or kgpg:
- Go to Configure Kpg -> Misc -> Applet & Menus
- Enable Sign file service menu.
- Now you can sign content file right clicking it in Konqueror.

Cheers

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuernberg

< Previous Next >