Re: [opensuse] Upgrade RC1 to RC3?
On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 01:13:16PM +0200, jdd wrote:
> houghi wrote:
>
> > Because that basic GUI is already running, the rest afterwards in
> > installation should not be in text.
>
> even with minimal install, given you have enough ram, this
> part is already GUI (that of install)
>
> the only remaining text part is for net install, exactly for
> the net config :-)

Yes. And that should become first, so you have GUI all over. And also a
browser to look for help during the installation when you only have one
PC. That way even if you did something that destroyed your preveous OS,
leaving you with no means to run an OS, you can still look for help.

Just an idea. I have no idea what the downside could be.

It would be something between a liveCD and an installation CD.

Could this be added for 10.1? </me runs away>

houghi