Re: [opensuse] Upgrade RC1 to RC3?
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 12:53:48 +0200
houghi wrote:

> At this moment you only need 3 CD's. What would be nice is an easier
> 1CD/FTP installation. e.g. start the standard installation and when it
> does not find the CD's, you should be able to point out an FTP (or HTTP or
> whatever) installation source.
>
> If you have a browser running (e.g. on CTRL+ALT+F8) you could even look up
> information at that moment if you do not know how to proceed.
>
> I understand that there might be a lot things against this. e.g. Network
> installation needs to be done much earlier in the installation.

most of the install (that is minimal text) can be done now
with only the first CD. This should be sufficient to go to
the first restart (the one that launches Yast again) and
then, if install source lacks, go back to the install source
package.

and this one should definitely find itself the ftp/http
mirror. I hope this will come :-)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net