Re: [SLE] Hotplugging for USB hard drive stopped working
  • From: Carl William Spitzer IV <cwsiv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 07:12:57 -0800
On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 17:43 -0500, Mike Coan wrote:
> I have a Maxtor USB hard drive that I use for backup purposes. Previously
> when I plugged the drive into a USB port, the drive was recognized
> automatically and mounted to /media/USBDISK

How did you make it work in the first place in 10.0? Autoplugging
usually does not used a named entry but a generated one like usb-0*.

I am trying to do some data recovery on dying drives and I need this.
I just got a new box from MicroStar and I am trying to make it work with
all onboard equipment. In my case it could be my drives are toast.

But I am still willing to help. I too want to use HD backup.

/dev/sda1 /media/FlashDrive auto
noauto,users,exec,sync 0 0

this plus manual mounting is how I did Flash drives in 7.2

mount /dev/sda1 /media/FlashDrive/

Why not make a script for backup and use the manual methods?

--

< Previous Next >