Re: [SLE] Suse 10.0 boot problem
  • From: scsijon <scsijon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 18:14:00 +1000
At 03:04 AM 31/03/2006, Carl William Spitzer IV wrote:
On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 09:20 +0200, Gerrit Jan

> Try LILO...?
> If you have more harddrives, where is Grub on?
> You must change that in your bios?

The grub works once I get to the HD. The other drives from the old PIII
died untimely deaths possibily caused by a faulty power supply.

Only two drives survive that system the floppy and DVDRW. Powering them
off does not prevent the boot problem. Looks like the bios just does
not want to work correctly in spite of being told to boot from HD.
--

I suppose you haven't installed a drive LARGER than the bios can handle.
bios's do have limits and set for what is expected to be a maximum at the time

check the spec's with the manufacturers site, if not found send them a message,
most are happy to provide this information and if it's firmware upgradable will
point you in the right direction.

regards
scsijon

< Previous Next >