YOU breaks Xorg
  • From: Peter Onion <Peter.Onion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 13:26:44 +0100
I ran YOU for the first time in a few weeks yesterday. Today both my
SuSE 10.0 boxes have broken X configurations....

Both machines have ATI cadrs and use the ATI fglrx drivers. For some
reason something changed the "driver" line in xorg.conf to say "radeon"
where is used to say "fglrx". SInce the radeon driver doesn't support
my cards I ended up with broken X (i.e. No dual head, No DRM, No 3D
acceleration/openGL).

Why should anything in YOU be messing about in xorg.conf files ?

Peter