Re: [SLE] The future of SuSE Linux as we know it?
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 11:00:25 -0400
On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 10:46:48 -0400
"Steven T. Hatton" <hattons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm still confused as to what product offerings will be available in the
> future. I've been using SuSE linux since 5.2, and have purchased the
> Professional distribution with every release. Looking over the website, I
> don't see it offered anymore. Can someone please clarify what the future of
> the traditional SuSE Linux distribution will be?
1. Open SuSE - This is the free download from Opensuse.org
2. SuSE Linux retail - This is the boxed set equivalent to professional
3. SuSE Linux Enterprise Server(SLES) - Enterprise Linux - 2 year
release cycle
4. SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop(SLED) - Enterprise Desktop. Same
release cycle as SLES.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group