Re: [SLE] Why no Reply-to?
  • From: ken <gebser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 08:21:26 -0400
Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Hylton Conacher(ZR1HPC) <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [04-02-06 04:39]:
>>The question is, which email clients, and I assume there are many to
>>accomodate the worldwise audience the list has, are available that
>>provide the 'Reply-To' feature/method this list requires.

It might be another good idea to notify people who may want to subscribe
to this list that probably they'll need to change email clients in order
to accommodate how this list is set up. This information would give
them warning that they may have to download and probably will have to
configure an email client especially for this list. We could also point
them to this thread to show them how all this makes sense.

> No, not 'Reply-To', but a List-Reply function that recognizes a
> mailing list and replies to the 'List'.

And we should point them to the place in the the relevant RFCs where it
explains this.

> Mutt, KMail and evolution have this feature (that I know of).

If someone is using Windows and is considering using suse and wants to
use this list to find out about suse, which email client should we tell
them to use... one that runs on Windows?

>>We ALL know that many email clienta are not 'suitable' for this list,
>>but no one has yet supplied a list, to my knowledge, of the ones that do
>>provide this lists 'feature'.
>
> 'suitable' may be a poor choice of words. Any email client may be
> suitable, but require the user to make adjustments to his client's
> "usual" presentation.

Apparently Thunderbird needs to be fixed to work "suitably" on this
list. How is this done? Are changes to the source code required?

This is correct-- I mean, that T-bird isn't suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--
"This world ain't big enough for the both of us,"
said the big noema to the little noema.

< Previous Next >