Re: [SLE] Why no Reply-to?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 15:51:54 +0200 (CEST)

The Monday 2006-04-03 at 08:21 -0400, ken wrote:

> to accommodate how this list is set up. This information would give
> them warning that they may have to download and probably will have to
> configure an email client especially for this list. We could also point
> them to this thread to show them how all this makes sense.

Certainly not!

They only need to read the instructions received when they subscribe - as
you sure did, didn't you? ;-)

Q7. Why do my replies go to the original poster and not the list?
A7. There is a more complete answer in FAQ, but the short answer
is that it's better this way. Trust us on this one, please.

And the FAQ says:

Q2. Why do my replies go to the original poster and not the list?
A2. We do not "munge" the mail headers by inserting
a "Reply-To: suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx" because it makes it more
difficult subscribers to handle the mail the way they want to.
Your mail client probably has a "reply" function as well as a
"reply to all" or "reply to list" one; Please use the latter if
you want you message to go to the list and not just to the
original poster.

Also, please don't complain about this on the list, it has
been discussed many, many, many times in the past already.

For background information see

New! Even Sourceforge has turned to the dark side:
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=6693&group_id=1

There! ;-p

- --
Cheers,