Re: [SLE] Why no Reply-to?
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 10:33:07 -0400
On Monday 03 April 2006 10:17 am, ken wrote:
> I would agree with another poster on this topic: we should have another
> list to discuss how to use this list.  If we do that, for the sake of
> fairness and compliance with standards, maybe it could be set up the
> other way, so that a reply goes to whatever "Reply-to" says.
This discussion is meaningless unless the list owner participates.

The bottom line is that there are many people on the list who prefer the
list to remain as it is, and conversely many people who would prefer to
change the Reply-to: field to be set to the list.

Personally, my email programs understand listservs and when I want to reply
to the list, I press the appropriate button.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group