Re: [SLE] Stopping spam to postmaster@ account?
From: "Per Jessen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

david rankin wrote:

Guys,

How are you handling all of the spam that is being sent to
postmaster@
addresses. In order to be RFC compliant, you are supposed to have
postmaster active, but since the spammers have now made this a
favorite address, how do you handle it? I'm considering blocking it
temporarily to generate rejects to see if that helps. Any other
thoughts?

Hi David,

rejecting would be a waste of time. Why don't you filter the
postmaster@ mail using whatever means you use for "regular" users?

<blatant plug>

Or, try our service - http://www.spamchek.com/ - up 2 months for free.
Setup takes less than 30mins.

</blatant plug>

You're obviously quite knowledgeable and I guess you like and have got
the time to fiddle, but otherwise a law firm is quite a typical
customer of ours. Pricewise we charge USD5/user/month.

Sorry about "hijacking" your question.

No problem, it is good information. Right now I just blocked it with recepient_check.pcre for the time being. I'll see how many rejects I get in 24 hours and see if they don't dwindle away.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
RANKIN LAW FIRM, PLLC