Re: [SLE] Do you buy the boxed set this time around?
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 17:11:41 -0400
On Monday 03 April 2006 5:09 pm, jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Anders, guess this is where you slip messages into the "suggestion box"
> Perhaps they can offer it as a two boxed sets w/ and w/o manuals ??
> That ought to be simple enough for folks to figure out which box they
> wanted. I kinda had the feelings that they dropped the "naming
> convention " because folks were confused by Pro appellation. I know
> there were always complaints about the name "home" version , even if I
> didn't understand the why of the complaints.
before 10.0 there were several retail boxed sets:
1. SuSE Linux Personal (lower cost)
2. SuSE Linux Professional
3. SuSE Linux Professional Upgrade.
The Upgrade only had a single book, but was the complete set of DVD/CDs.

I think that the current one where there is one boxed set, it less confusing
to people. And, those who buy the boxed set have all the bits in there.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group