Connecting from OSX to SUSE 10 for file sharing
  • From: "Mike Purdy" <purdymi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 14:58:36 -0400
I'm having some trouble connecting an OSX machine to a new install of SUSE 10. I've configured the samba server (and then the NFS server). When attempting to connect, I get OSX's authentication dialog and it sees the server with the workgroup as 'TUX-NET' (I took the default name when configuring the linux box). I then enter the username and password, but get rejected with "Could not connect to the server because the name or password is not correct".

Thus, I figured it would be that the user I am trying to connect with does not have access to do so, but I see that the group 'users' is enabled under the Samba Config. Also, the firewall port is opened for Samba.

Am I missing something obvious here?

Mike