Re: [SLE] s video on tv
  • From: "Orn E. Hansen" <orn_hansen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 22:48:41 +0200
Þann Þriðjudagur 4 apríl 2006 04:29 skrifaði Steve Reilly:
> Hi,

Personally I wouldn't select having a tower in the living room, it wouldn't
be my first choice. My setup is using a Mini-ITX setup on a thin DVD-like
box sitted under the TV, and connected directly to the home network. Then
run MythTV on that box, which is running a gentoo based linux os.

However, in your case you can always run a program on your tower and have it
display on the local display. You just have to "start" a user automatically
on the desktop and then you can remote ssh to the box, as the running user to
start a program running on the box's local display.

$ program -display :0

or if you are running two screens on the same card and want to display on the
TV.

$ program -display :0.1

However, if you want a "dual" setup in a GeForce 4. With secondary display
running on the TV, you just add these to your X configuration file. It
places the two screens side by side, where the TV is to the right off your
main display.

Section "Monitor"
Option "CalcAlgorithm" "CheckDesktopGeometry"
DisplaySize 203 152
HorizSync 30-50
Identifier "Monitor[1]"
ModelName "28 inch TV"
VendorName "Philips"
VertRefresh 60
UseModes "Modes[1]"
EndSection

Section "Modes"
Identifier "Modes[1]"
Modeline "1024x768" 60.00 1024 1040 1216 1400 768 768 775 802
Modeline "1024x768" 65 1024 1032 1176 1344 768 771 777 806 -hsync
-vsync
EndSection

Section "Device"
BoardName "GeForce4 Ti 4200"
BusID "1:0:0"
Driver "nvidia"
Identifier "Device[1]"
Option "UseEditFreqs" "true"
Option "TVStandard" "PAL-B"
Option "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
Option "TVOutputFormat" "SVIDEO"
# Option "TVOverScan" "0.1"
Screen 1
EndSection

Section "Screen"
DefaultDepth 24
SubSection "Display"
Depth 16
Modes "1024x768"
EndSubSection
SubSection "Display"
Depth 24
Modes "1024x768"
EndSubSection
Device "Device[1]"
Identifier "Screen[1]"
Monitor "Monitor[1]"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "Layout[all]"
InputDevice "Keyboard[0]" "CoreKeyboard"
InputDevice "Mouse[1]" "AlwaysCore"
Option "Clone" "on"
Option "Xinerama" "off"
Screen 0 "Screen[0]"
Screen 1 "Screen[1]" RightOf "Screen[0]"
EndSection