Kaffeine questions
  • From: Gil Weber <gil@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 23:32:17 -0400
Hello, everyone.

I am using SuSE 9.3 with Kaffeine 0.5 (Using KDE 3.4.0 Level "b").

At the conclusion of every video clip, Kaffeine displays a black screen
with a picture of a coffee bean and the words "Kaffeine Player."

Is there any way to stop this final screen from displaying so that when
a video clip finishes playing Kaffeine simply closes? I've looked in
the Kaffeine help but did not see a solution.

A second question...

I am stumped trying to figure out how to create a playlist of video
clips that I can play using Kaffeine when I lecture. What I'd like to
have is a playlist of clips (maybe 20), and to be able to play the
first one and then have Kaffeine pause while I discuss the clip with my
audience. While paused I'd like Kaffeine to show me the playlist so
that I could either click on the same clip to play it again or click on
clip #2 and have it play, then Kaffeine would pause again and I could
repeat the process through the entire playlist to the end of the
lecture.

I have tried to create a playlist but without success. It seems as if it
should be easy, but I must be missing a key step or two.

Thanks, gurus! :o)

Gil