Re: [SLE] Powersave warning.
  • From: Michael James <Michael.James@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 16:26:04 +1000
On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 10:50 am, James Knott wrote:
> On two of my SUSE 10 systems (both Compaqs), I get
> an error message about powersaved not running, when I log on.
> However, "rcpowersaved status" shows it is running.
> Is there any way to stop this message?

I'd like to know how to disable this annoyance too.

Every time it tells me how much more efficient
things would be if the powersave daemon
were let out of the box.

But on a VIA MiniITX pulling the plug saves even more power
and leaves your computer in the same state.

This is still true on 9.3 and unpatched 10.0,
don't know if patches or 10.1 change anything.
I shoot on sight, powersaved stop; insserv -r powersaved

--
Michael James michael.james@xxxxxxxx
System Administrator voice: 02 6246 5040

No matter how much you pay for software,
you always get less than you hoped.
Unless you pay nothing, then you get more.