Re: [SLE] Re: The future of SuSE Linux as we know it?
  • From: Michael W Cocke <cocke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 07:29:31 -0400
On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 15:03:50 +0200, you wrote:

>Il giorno mar, 04/04/2006 alle 21.22 -0700, kai ha scritto:
>> By the way, not to take this too off-topic, but I just got the April
>> Linux-Magazine Pro and it includes the DVD for Mandriva One. They had shipped
>> Mandriva 2005 in the middle of last year.
>>
>> I'll take it for a spin, as it is live.
>

>you'll find a distro much more "unpolished" than SUSE actually is ...

Not only is it 'unpolished' (good word choice) but you'll want to beat
the Mandriva people over the head with their 'club' in fairly short
order - you can do very little without paying them for that. I came
from Mandrake to SuSE and have consistantly been happy I did so. From
what I hear, Mandriva is two steps further down the ladder than
Mandrake was.

Mike-
--
If you're not confused, you're not trying hard enough.