Samsung ML-1710 stopped working
  • From: Frank Bax <fbax@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 11:06:54 -0400
Samsung ML-1700 usb laser printer.

I disconnected the usb wire from the SUSE93 system and connected it to a Win98 laptop to print a few documents; then reconnected usb wire to SUSE93 system. The printer no longer works from SUSE93. In CUPS setup, there is a button for "test connection", that is successful, but no reaction from printer at all. I have tried disconnect printer, delete printer, reboot, add printer, test printer - still nothing. Reconnecting to Win98 still works. What should I try next?

Frank