Re: How to make shortcuts?
  • From: "Chuck Davis" <cjgunzel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 08:28:31 -0700
Avraham:

At a command prompt you can type "which firefox" + enter. It will
tell you what directory the running version is installed into. From
there you can create a shortcut on the KDE desktop by right clicking
on the desktop and selecting Create New -> Link to Application. Fill
out the parameters in the dialog that opens and on the last tab, point
it to the binary that is running. You can then close the shortcut
dialog and you will have a functioning shortcut (which you can fine
tune if you wish at a later date).

HTH

Chuck