Re: [SLE] The future of SuSE Linux as we know it?
  • From: jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 14:14:41 -0400
> > From: Allen <slackwarewolf@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<snip>

> As for choice, I don't have a problem with choice, I have a problem
> with people who think that because SUSE isn't going to take 3 days to
> install, and then need two security updates a day, and because it
> uses a GOOD installer and system like YAST that for some reason you'd
> need another distro to learn "The command line"....

Wahoo! I have no been on this list long enough to see a real paradigm
shift... When I started on the there were many many many bitches about
Yast2 Now known as Yast.. It seemed no one liked Yast 2 for anything ,
many actually hated it.. Yast (1) was the only way to got etc. etc.
etc.

BTW to O.P. Setting up SSH and running X on another box is easy way to
do admin. on another computer, your kids, mum, wife , husband ...
anyone who is on your net especially... saves a lot of steps when you
want to to Y(ast)O(nline)U(pdates) or maybe you want to keep an eye
on where the kids go online ( You should, unless they are of adult age,
keep and eye on that, just for safety sake. )
<snip>

"It's my job to be worried half to death
And that's the thing people respect in me"
(song lyric)