Re: OT - native tongue? (Fwd: [SLE] Do you buy the boxed set this time around?)
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 20:50:13 +0200
Allen wrote:

> I can speak in 8 languages, I know when
> someone isn't speaking in their native tounge.

When it's obvious perhaps, but surely not as a rule. I would certainly
challenge you to know when I'm using my native tongue and when I'm not.
(assuming you don't know my nationality of course).

On a different note - perhaps it would have been proper to say "I speak
eight languages" rather than "I can speak in 8 languages"?

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich
who's only fluent in three languages, but "can speak in 7 or 8".

< Previous Next >