Re: [SLE] Re: The future of SuSE Linux as we know it?
  • From: kai <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 12:28:15 -0700
On Wednesday 05 April 2006 06:03 am, nicola .:kOoLiNuS:. losito wrote:
> Il giorno mar, 04/04/2006 alle 21.22 -0700, kai ha scritto:
> > By the way, not to take this too off-topic, but I just got the April
> > Linux-Magazine Pro and it includes the DVD for Mandriva One. They had
> > shipped Mandriva 2005 in the middle of last year.
> >
> > I'll take it for a spin, as it is live.
>
> you'll find a distro much more "unpolished" than SUSE actually

Well, that may or may not be. I wasn't intending on starting a
"my-distro-is-better-than-yours" type of flamefest. I just wanted to point
out that the distribution is available to try out, if someone wanted.

I personally like to spend a few minutes with different distributions. Though
I see no reason to move away from SUSE - unless The Big Red N really screws
it up like they did with NetWare - there's nothing lost from seeing what
others are up to.

Now on to reading further in the magazine where they discuss animation in
Blender. That just sounds way too cool! Besides, it is raining so there's
absolutely nothing else to do. (Except drink beer.)

--
kai - www.perfectreign.com
www.livebeans.com - the new NetBeans community

43...for those who require slightly more than
the answer to life, the universe and everything.