Re: [SLE] Re: The future of SuSE Linux as we know it?
  • From: kai <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 15:01:44 -0700
On Wednesday 05 April 2006 02:44 pm, Kevanf1 wrote:
> On 05/04/06, kai <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Now on to reading further in the magazine where they discuss animation in
> > Blender. That just sounds way too cool! Besides, it is raining so
> > there's absolutely nothing else to do. (Except drink beer.)
>
> It's a pretty good tutorial, Kai. You'll enjoy it :-) The internet
> radio bit was quite good. Apart from the fact that they left out one
> major biggie.....nobody mentioned LUG radio. It's close to my heart
> because the founders are also members of one of my local LUGs.

LOL! You might check into the FOSDEM section. I think they mentioned a few
LUG's there.

One question. They mentioned using Blender 2.4, which is current on the
website. I have 2.3x, which came with SuSE.

Now I downloaded 2.4 and it simply created a 2.4 binary in a monster
subdirectory.

running it from command line - ./blender gets me that version. Doing a which
blender shows version 2.3 in /usr/bin

Will I kill things if I copy over the 2.3 version?

--
kai - www.perfectreign.com
www.livebeans.com - the new NetBeans community

43...for those who require slightly more than
the answer to life, the universe and everything.