Re: [SLE] Creating manual bootloader entries in YaST
  • From: Shriramana Sharma <samjnaa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 20:10:08 +0530
Thursday, 06 April 2006 09:44 samaye, Greg Wallace alekhiit:

> you might be better off re-installing those new os's and
> letting them install their boot loaders.  You can always get SuSE back by
> booting from the SuSE DVD and then re-writing the MBR once you're in there.

I got the Fedora 5 entry by reinstalling Fedora and allowing it to install its
own GRUB (which does not detect and include boot menu items for other Linux
distros BTW), and then using the SUSE DVD to install a new boot loader. This
time it detected the Fedora 5 installation and created an entry
automatically. (Last time I had not installed Fedora's GRUB so YaST@DVD did
not know how to configure the item for Fedora 5, I presume.)

--

Tux #395953 resides at http://samvit.org
playing with KDE 3.52 on SUSE Linux 10.0