Re: [SLE] The future of SuSE Linux as we know it?
  • From: lerninlinux@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 18:19:09 +0000

> > From: Allen <slackwarewolf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> > > On Tuesday 04 April 2006 11:47 pm, lerninlinux@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> It's almost 12 PM here, and I haven't been to bed yet. Time is not a valid source of how tired someone is.

12 PM isn't 12 AM, As I work two jobs, seven days a week, my computer hours vary widely. Lately it's been between 11PM and 3AM, hence all my mistakes.

> And doing all that seems pretty stupid, why not use a better mail client? Mutt comes with SUSE.

Webmail, this list and multiple locations and pc's. If I had a laptop, then I could.

> As for choice, I don't have a problem with choice, I have a problem with people who think that because SUSE isn't going to take 3 days to install, and then need two security updates a day, and because it uses a GOOD installer and system like YAST that for some reason you'd need another distro to learn "The command line"....

I had one distro, that I liked long ago, go nuts (see sco formerly Caldera, from pentium 1 days), I have received bad disks from magazines, watched companies go bankrupt, had my new installation support, on the licensed machine go ignored, etc. I posted in an earlier post about how I plan on making the floppies, and doing an ftp install, on my new (from parts, with Suse) server system, as I don't want to unscrew a dvd from another machine, and I consider that a good learning experience. But I refuse to just play with one distro. Distro's can disappear, be neglected, go off in a direction I chose not to, eliminate one program that I like from them, for another, etc. I choose to not be distrocentric a long time ago.