Re: [SLE] [OT] Another good windows glitch - like we needed another one.
  • From: Chris Jones <cj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 09:23:16 -0400
Is it impossible to write Spyware, Viruses, Malicious Software for Linux? Or is just that Microsoft is the favorite target?

I keep my Windows firewall and anit-virus, anti-spyware programs up to date (all free ware) and I haven't had any problems.

At 06:24 07/04/2006, James Knott wrote:
kai wrote:

> Windows is NOT a virus.
>

> Viruses are small and efficient.

I came across this link, the other day.

<http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1945808,00.asp>

These days, I'm supporting Windows users, for a large company and there
are many times I wish I could say "Your problem is caused by running
Windows". It's heartbreaking to hear the problems they experience, even
with a new computer and a fresh install of the XP image. It's beyond
belief that businesses try to run on Windows, with all the problems it
brings. They just don't know what good computing is. I have worked
with OS/2 for many years, as well as Linux, VAX/VMS, Prime & Data
General mini computers etc, for many years. It never ceases to amaze
me, the garbage that exists in Windows and nowhere else.