Re: [SLE] [OT] Another good windows glitch - like we needed another one.
  • From: Mike McMullin <mwmcmlln@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 00:34:46 -0400
On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 09:23 -0400, Chris Jones wrote:
> Is it impossible to write Spyware, Viruses, Malicious Software for
> Linux? Or is just that Microsoft is the favorite target?

It's not impossible to write them, it is difficult to propagate them.
That has to do with Linux permissions et. al. On Windows folks seem to
be less security conscious, so that and MS' desire (actually how they
execute it,) to make computing easy for the masses, creates a big
target.

> I keep my Windows firewall and anit-virus, anti-spyware programs up to date
> (all free ware) and I haven't had any problems.

I do too, but then I don't use my windows for much but Taxes any more.

< Previous Next >