How to do Interenet access restriction?
  • From: Ronald Wiplinger <ronald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 23:44:24 +0800
My son, 13 years old, likes to play on-line game. For the sake of the school, I have to limit it. If I just ask him to turn off the computer, he will certainly tell me that he needs the computer for school.

I would like to trick the dns!!!
I want to update the dns for his computer for certain hours to access the on-line game or not.

Dynamic DNS would be something I could imagine would work.

From the dns log I know which destinations he need. I want to divert these destination to a certain web site (if it access a web site).
Or make a bandwidth restriction to certain hours would be another choice.

My concern is, that only the games are restricted, but not any web site he might need for school.
I want to make this on the server!
Any ideas?

bye

Ronald Wiplinger