Re: [SLE] virtualisation
  • From: "Alexey Eremenko" <al4321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 19:47:10 -0200
Very Interesting software. Well, the more emulators/virtualizers there
are on market - the better.
I have used: VMware Workstation, VirtualPC, Qemu, Bochs. and perhaps
will try that one.

I see, that the new version - Parallels Worksation 2.1 - fully
supports SUSE Linux 10.0 x86 - both as host & guest OS, as well as
many others OSes. Very good.

Also, I would like to see it supporting Mac OS X (Intel) - as a guest
OS. (on Host Windows & Linux systems)

Sad point - (besides being proprietary software) is that it uses
proprietary Virtual Hard Disk format. I would like to see some more
VHDD formats available. VMware HDD format is now opened, (I heard) +
raw HDD images support will be a very good addition.

The price is very cheap - just 50 $. Very good.
But is that for download or boxed version + airmail?