"Failed to verify incoming ticket" - Samba server issue
  • From: "Marlier, Ian" <ian.marlier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 09:41:16 -0400
Hey, all --

I've got a SUSE 10.0 fileserver, sharing directories to Windows clients
using Samba.

Samba version is 3.0.21c, from the projects/samba/ directory on the
mirrors.

The server is joined to an Active Directory domain for authentication.
Kerberos is set up and working, etc etc.

For, give or take, 80 of my 82 clients, there's no problem at all
accessing the shares.

For those other two, when they try to connect to "\\servername", they're
presented with a dialog box that asks for a username/password. The
message "Failed to verify incoming ticket!" appears in the Samba logs.

If they connect to "\\192.168.0.1" (that is, the server IP address), it
works fine.

Has anyone experienced this before, and have any tips/tricks that might
help in debugging the problem? Everything I've found on the web deals
with the case where this happens to _all_ clients....

Thanks,

IAn

  • No further messages