OT: Posting from another unsubscribed address for a subscriber?
  • From: "Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)" <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:01:29 +0200
Hi all,

Sorry for the OT post.

I currently have my new email address of hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx subscribed to this list. I have just also subscribed this address so I can solve the problem I am having.

If I receive list mail on the hylton@conacher address, I cannot reply to it from the conacher address bucause my ISP will not route the mail as they autheniticate the sender ie the sender hylton@conacher is not the email address of the connected member on their network and they therefore drop the mail into the ether.

Is there a way I can send email to the list that is identified by the ISP as being from the correct paying account and delivered to the SuSE listserver as being from another email address, in this case a suscribed address. Perhaps something like the Cc address(SLE <suse-linux-e-hylton=conacher.co.za@xxxxxxxx>)?

Your assistance MUCH appreciated.

< Previous Next >