Re: [SLE] fail2ban
  • From: suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 08:09:08 -0700
Michael W Cocke wrote:
On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 16:30:56 -0700, you wrote:

Has anybody any experience with fail2ban and susefirewall2?
Does it work with susefirewall2?

Anything else that I could use to ban IP address from zombies?

I was looking at something called denyhosts (IIRC) from sourceforge a

denyhost only works with SSH, I am looking for anything that does process all the log files that have failed password/username and that can work with the susefirewall2.

while back... Then I started hacking my firewall (vuurmuur) to insert
block IPs into the config file from a script. There are several ways
to accomplish the result - depends on how you're configured.

--
Thanks
http://www.911networks.com