Setting resolution on widescreen laptop
  • From: "Marius Roets" <roets.marius@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 14:35:01 +0200
Hi everybody,
I have Acer Aspire 5670 with 15.4" WXGA widescreen monitor. SuSE 10.0
does not detect this monitor correctly and sets the resolution to
800x600. Needless to say, this looks very crappy. The solution usually
is to download the screendrivers from ATI, but in this case the screen
card is not yet supported by ATI (Mobility Radeon X1400). Trying to
change the resolution from Sax2 is a fruitless exercise, as it just
keeps defaulting back to 800x600.

Does anybody know of any way in which I can manually change the
resolution to 1280x800 (as is used by windoze). Please bear in mind
that I am not very experienced with tweaking config files.

Thanks
Marius

< Previous Next >