Re: [SLE] fail2ban
  • From: Michael W Cocke <cocke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 08:54:24 -0400
On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 08:09:08 -0700, you wrote:

>Michael W Cocke wrote:
>> On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 16:30:56 -0700, you wrote:
>>
>>> Has anybody any experience with fail2ban and susefirewall2?
>>> Does it work with susefirewall2?
>>>
>>> Anything else that I could use to ban IP address from zombies?
>>>

>> I was looking at something called denyhosts (IIRC) from sourceforge a
>
>denyhost only works with SSH, I am looking for anything that does
> process all the log files that have failed password/username
>and that can work with the susefirewall2.

Actually, if you're any good with perl or even sed & grep it can be
made to work with anything. All it is is a log parser that writes to
hosts.deny - no magic.

Mike-

(I thought I replied to this yesterday - sorry for the delay)

--
If you're not confused, you're not trying hard enough.
--

< Previous Next >