Re: [SLE] OT: Posting from another unsubscribed address for a subscriber?
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 09:35:03 -0400
* Carlos E. R. <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx> [04-11-06 06:43]:

> I heard that postfix supports now choosing the relay based on the from
> address, but I haven't learnt how yet.

# TRANSPORT(5) TRANSPORT(5)
#
# NAME
# transport - Postfix transport table format
#
# SYNOPSIS
# postmap /etc/postfix/transport
#
# postmap -q "string" /etc/postfix/transport
#
# postmap -q - /etc/postfix/transport <inputfile
#
# DESCRIPTION
# The optional transport(5) table specifies a mapping from
# email addresses to message delivery transports and/or
# relay hosts. The mapping is used by the trivial-rewrite(8)
# daemon.
#
# This mapping overrides the default routing that is built
# into Postfix:
#
# mydestination
# A list of domains that is by default delivered via
# $local_transport. This also includes domains that
# match $inet_interfaces or $proxy_interfaces.
#
# virtual_mailbox_domains
# A list of domains that is by default delivered via
# $virtual_transport.
#
# relay_domains
# A list of domains that is by default delivered via
# $relay_transport.
#
# any other destination
# Mail for any other destination is by default deliv-
# ered via $default_transport.
#

I did this until it became toooo much of a hassle. Seems everyone
wants to block non-static ip addresses. I now relay via my isp and
can still use the gmail return addresses, but I do *not* use gmail's
smtp service.