Re: [opensuse] Cups/Samba Interoperability Bug?"
  • From: Robert W March <RWMarch@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 10:28:57 -0400
Mark wrote,
/No, we didn't try raw printing here. We only use raw printing when there are
true networked printers (like HP) with their own NIC/IP address. Still, to
get raw printing to work one needs to uncomment those two lines in
the /etc/cups/mime* files, so regardless of raw or not printing the
Samba/cups combo is not configured correctly either way.
/
Mark,
On my SUSE10.0 system the two lines in the /etc/cups/mime* files are commented. This appears to be the default. And the following command ...
$ lp -o raw filename
sent to a non raw queue prints as expected.

So it seems that some other mechanism is in play and allows raw printing to a non raw printer. Have I got this right?

-Robert

  • No further messages