Re: [SLE] Setting resolution on widescreen laptop
  • From: David Wright <david.wright@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:35:20 +0200
Am Dienstag, 11. April 2006 14:35 schrieb Marius Roets:
> Hi everybody,
> I have Acer Aspire 5670 with 15.4" WXGA widescreen monitor. SuSE 10.0
> does not detect this monitor correctly and sets the resolution to
> 800x600. Needless to say, this looks very crappy. The solution usually
> is to download the screendrivers from ATI, but in this case the screen
> card is not yet supported by ATI (Mobility Radeon X1400). Trying to
> change the resolution from Sax2 is a fruitless exercise, as it just
> keeps defaulting back to 800x600.
>
> Does anybody know of any way in which I can manually change the
> resolution to 1280x800 (as is used by windoze). Please bear in mind
> that I am not very experienced with tweaking config files.
>
> Thanks
> Marius

Check out the Acer Laptop page on the wiki, I wrote a guide for installing the
ATi driver and setting up the screen there.

http://en.opensuse.org/HCL/Laptops/Acer

Also look at:

http://en.opensuse.org/ATI_Driver_HOWTO
--
David Wright
Wright Information Systems Europa

Telefon: +49 819 399 7762
Fax : +49 819 399 7763

"I got to go figure," the tenant said. "We all got to figure. There's some way
to stop this. It's not like lightning or earthquakes. We've got a bad thing
made by men, and by God that's something we can change."
- The Grapes of Wrath, by John Steinbeck