RE: [SLE] Real Numbers representation in Tcl language
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 12:16:02 +0200 (CEST)

The Wednesday 2006-04-12 at 04:08 -0500, Maura Edeweiss Monville wrote:

> The strange behaviour undelying this issue is that every parameer is
> declared Real in C language. Tcl is used to build the GUI that allows the
> program users to alter the default values, if desired, in a friendly way.
> For some reson to me unknown (I've never used Tcl before) Tcl regards the
> Real numbers as Integers.... This is just my diagnosis .. I maight be
> wrong ...

In general, a compiler may use any size of "real" it wants - I mean the
compiler designer may, not you. But, as procesors nowdays include real
math operations (the old coprocesor of the intel x86 series), they use one
or several of the "real" types the procesor handles. As I haven't done
much programming in Linux, I don't know what types are available, but 32
bits seems a smallish real to me.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson