Re: [SLE] How does one pronounce "SUSE"
  • From: Kevanf1 <kevanf1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 11:44:25 +0100
On 12/04/06, James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> kai wrote:
> > On Tuesday 11 April 2006 04:32 pm, James Knott wrote:
> >
> >> Actually, there are many areas of Europe and elsewhere, where national
> >> borders include populations that are from neighbouring contries. IIRC,
> >> there's even a piece of Italy on the Swiss side of a border lake. Also,
> >> at one time there was some English territory in France, in addition to
> >> the channel islands. Even the United States, includes a place called
> >> "Texas". ;-)
> >
> > Which is technically pronounced, "te-haas," as it is/was a Mexican state
> > before it became a republic.
> >
> > I'm not quite sure what language they speak there in "te-hass" as I can't
> > understand them for the life of me.
> >

> It's almost as bad as Autralian. ;-)

I wonder if anybody else on this list knows about the British 'Black
Country' accent? Peter, this does not apply to you :-) I'm not from
the Black Country but I live very close to its border. Strangled is
not the word ;-)

Xmas may be over but, PLEASE DON'T drink and drive you'll make it to
the next one that way.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay