Re: [SLE] Recommended Steps to swap out video cards
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:23:00 -0500
On 4/11/06, Elijah Savage <esavage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sunny wrote:
> I think it is surely recognized. Could this be because I got a asus 6600?
>
> Section "Device"
> BoardName "Framebuffer Graphics"
> BusID "2:0:0"
> Driver "nvidia"
> Identifier "Device[0]"
> VendorName "VESA"
> EndSection

Strange, in my xorg.conf it shows the name of the card. Anyway, it's
not importatnt.

Do you have in Xorg.0.log something like:
(II) NVIDIA(0): NVIDIA GPU detected as: GeForce FX 6600

Also, when you start sax2, try to change the card to the correct model.

I get a little bit lost anyway - I can not recall what happens after
you setup the card in runlevel 3 with sax -m 0=nvidia, did you try to
issue startx? Does it starts the X server? If not, what errors you see
in Xorg.0.log?

And, if it works, do it starts OK after reboot in runlevel 5? If not,
what are the errors?

Sunny

Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

< Previous Next >