yast -> Printer -> Crash
  • From: Ken Siersma <siersmak@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 12:02:16 -0400
Hello list,

I sure thought this issue would have come up before, but I couldn't find anything about it in my measly attempts to search the lists.suse.com archives using google.

The printer setup in Yast is crashing on my (fully updated as of today) SUSE 10.0 machines.
I click the 'Printer' icon in the Yast2 Control Center -> Hardware window, and a window appears for a moment, but then disappears. I see in my shell:

Command: /sbin/yast2 printer &
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
what(): St9bad_alloc
/sbin/yast2: line 207: 27776 Aborted $ybindir/y2base $module "$@" qt -geometry "$Y2_GEOMETRY" $Y2QT_ARGS
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
what(): St9bad_alloc
/sbin/yast2: line 207: 28381 Aborted $ybindir/y2base $module "$@" qt -geometry "$Y2_GEOMETRY" $Y2QT_ARGS

If I do the same thing with yast (tui version), I get a similar crash:

*** glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption: 0x0000000001a74652 *** /sbin/yast: line 207: 28725 Aborted $ybindir/y2base menu ncurses
Has anyone else seen this and been able to get around it?
Thanks,
Ken

--
Ken Siersma, Software Engineer