Re: [SLE] Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 Causes Problems
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 11:56:04 -0500
On 4/12/06, Matt Rajca <mateuszrajca@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sunny,
>
> Thank you for your quick response. How do I disable it in BIOS? When I go to
> BIOS there is no disable option.
>
> Matt

As you did not post, noone knows what is your motherboard, as well as
if it even has onboard graphic card. I just posted a suggestion if
this is the case.

If you do not have onboard graphics, than you may try some of the
other suggestions, like testing your memory with memtest from the
installation DVD (let it run for at least 12 hours). Or try to boot
with Knoppix or any other livecd distro, to see if this is a SUSE
specific problem. Also, I do not know if your geforce card is PCI or
AGP. If it is PCI, try to plug it in another PCI slot.

Read some of the links found by google, to see other troubleshooting
options you have.

And ... as far as I know, top posting is not encouraged on this list :)

Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)