Re: [SLE] YOU messed up on software versions
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 13:50:41 -0400
On Wednesday 12 April 2006 12:41, John Lederer wrote:
> I cloned one machine from another. All is well, except when I run the
> online update the versions of software that it thinks the machine has
> are wrong and it wants to apply updates to already updated software.
>
> I reied running an "rpm --rebuild" but that didn't help . Is there
> anyway to update YOU's knowledge of the installed software? Where is
> this information stored?

Hi John,

You haven't indicated which version of SUSE you've cloned, so we have to guess
it's probably 10.0. You've also neglected to describe how you "cloned" the
installation... a proper "clone" would preserve the meta data of the files
(i.e. created/accessed/modified dates)... did you take this into account?
Finally, you haven't described the problem you're having in sufficient
detail.

If you:

a) go into YaST Control Center
b) launch Software Management (or old name 'Install and Remove Software')
c) at top-left, select 'Package Groups' filter
d) in the left-side pane, scroll to the bottom and select "zzz All"
e) scroll through the packages listed in the right-side pane

What are you seeing that is wrong under

Package | Summary | Size | Avail(able) Ver(sion) | Inst(alled) Ver(sion) ?

Or, is does this problem only appear in YaST Online Update?
If so, what are you seeing there that appears to be incorrect? (version
numbers, please.)

What installation sources are you using? What server and directory in YOU is
involved?

regards,

Carl