Re: [SLE] usb scanner only work as root after upgrade to SUSE 10
  • From: Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:56:07 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

On Apr 11 21:56 Andre Truter wrote (shortened):
> > > I have an Epson Perfection 610 USB scaner which worked fine under SuSE 9.3.
> > > Then I upgraded to SuSE 10.0 and now only root can use the scanner.
> In my /etc/resmgr.conf.d/50-scanner.conf I do have the correct entry:
> add usb:vendor=0x04b8,product=0x0103 scanner
> When I start xsane or kooka as normal user, the scanner is not available.

For testing use the plain command line tool "scanimage", see
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Configuring_Scanners_from_SUSE_LINUX_9.2

Do you have resmgr updated too?

As normal user use
/sbin/resmgr list
to see which access resmgr allows.
You should get a line like
rw-- usb:vendor=0x04b8,product=0x0103

If not, I have no idea what goes wrong in your case.

You may also try one of the alternatives instead of resmgr, see
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Configuring_Scanners_from_SUSE_LINUX_9.2
the section "libusb + resmgr + PAM" at the bottom.

Kind Regards,
Johannes Meixner
--
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5 Mail: jsmeix@xxxxxxx