Re: [SLE] Setting resolution on widescreen laptop
  • From: David Wright <david.wright@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 13:05:13 +0200
Am Mittwoch, 12. April 2006 10:38 schrieb Marius Roets:
> > Check out the Acer Laptop page on the wiki, I wrote a guide for
> > installing the ATi driver and setting up the screen there.
> >
> > http://en.opensuse.org/HCL/Laptops/Acer
> >
> > Also look at:
> >
> > http://en.opensuse.org/ATI_Driver_HOWTO
>
> Hi David,
> Thanks, but I already tried this before I posted. Main problem is that
> my card (X1400) is not supported by the ATI drivers yet. You also
> mention this in your article. The result of installing the driver is a
> nice blank screen.

There was a new driver launched in the last couple of days (8.24....) which
ATi states supports some of the Mobility X1n00 chipsets, might be worth
checking to see if you have that driver, and updating if necessary, I first
saw it posted on SUSELinuxsupport yesterday, so it might be
brand-spanking-new... ;-)

Dave
--
"I got to go figure," the tenant said. "We all got to figure. There's some way
to stop this. It's not like lightning or earthquakes. We've got a bad thing

< Previous Next >